Tournament and Payment Information
- 3 game guarantee
- $325 entry fee
- All teams must be paid before their first game
- Admission: No admission charged
- Full refund prior to registration deadline (or when we close registration due to reaching capacity)
- $75 prior to schedule release
- No refund after schedule is published
- If the tournament gets cancelled, there will be an administrative fee of $10 per entry. The rest of the money will be refunded.
- No outside food or drink. There will be a concession stand available.
- Seating is available at each location. Please do not bring your own chairs or seating.
- No pets.
- Teams will provide their own warm-up balls.
- No dribbling or using the basketballs anywhere other than the gyms.
Rules of the Game
- Home team is listed first on the schedule (light jerseys if available)
- Each team MUST provide one adult scorekeeper/clock operator for their games. It is helpful if they are assigned ahead of time so you don’t have to find someone while coaches are preparing their team for the game. We ask for players names & numbers on the score sheet.
- 8 minute quarters
- Continuous clock until the last minute of each quarter
- 3 – 1 minute time outs per game. Clock stops during all time outs (can only carry over 2 time outs for the 2nd half)
- Overtime – 1 minute (clock will stop). If a third overtime is played, this game will be sudden death (first team to score wins)
- 1 time out per team in overtime
- 1 minute between quarters
- 4 minutes for halftime (unless directed otherwise by officials)
- 3 point shot scored in ALL divisions
- All age groups will use 28.5″ ball (per IHSAA & IGHSAU rules)
- Full court press allowed UNLESS team ahead by 15 or more points
- Players must be all in same grade level or below (no playing “down” a grade, regardless of age).
- Players may play on only one team per age group/division
- If a team uses an ineligible player, ALL past games are forfeited that they played
- 10′ hoops
- Start next game on time or up to 5 minutes early if running ahead of schedule
- If your team is not playing, we’ve asked the officials to not allow shooting/dribbling during timeouts.
- Should a coach or player receive 2 technical fouls in a game he/she will leave the gym and lose the privilege of participating in the next game
- All rules not covered here will follow the Iowa High School Athletic Association and the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IHSAA & IGHSAU)
- 4th grade girls rules only
– No zone defense — double teaming IS allowed
– No full court press allowed except for the last minute of the game and during one minute of overtime
– Stealing allowed at half court
Pool Standing determined:
- Win/Loss record
- Head to head
- Points differential (Max +15, Min -15)
- Points allowed
- Coin flip
(NOTE: A forfeit game by a team during pool play cannot finish first in Round Robin play. Points differential and points allowed (instead of scoring 2-0) will be the average of the other games played.
1st place teams of each pool.
– In consideration of being allowed to participate, coaches and players waive all claims for injury, accident or loss of any kind and release Indianola Athletic Booster Club (IABC) and all associated gymnasiums, their employees, members, workers and representatives from any claims.
– For injured players, ice will be provided at the concession stand and if coach(es) or parent(s) think it is needed, 911 will be called to handle the situation. There will be NO medical staff on duty.
– All fans, coaches, and players are responsible for displaying good sportsmanship, which includes respect for the officials. We have a zero tolerance policy for poor sportsmanship. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players and fans.
– IABC reserves the right to modify schedule in case of inclement weather.
The Indianola Athletic Booster Club reserves the right to qualify the rules at the tournament at their discretion.